Tuesday, February 10, 2015

2015 Audiobook Challenge

The Book Nympho and Hot Listens are hosting the 2015 Audiobooks Challenge.  I often listen to audiobooks on my daily commute so I thought this would be a fun challenge to join.  I have found that if I don't enjoy a book the first time I try it, that oftentimes, getting the audiobook and listening gets me to enjoy it.  This happens a lot with middle grade books that I want to read for my job but for whatever reason the print version just doesn't do it for me.  Listening to someone else's voice often allows me to get past whatever hang ups I had.  Not always, but often enough to give it a chance.  I also enjoy "rereading" favorite adult books with audiobooks as well.  There is something so comforting about enjoying a book I have already read, but with the added "newness" that the narrator provides with their take on how the story should sound.  I will start with the lowest level, Newbie 1-5 and work my way up from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment