Monday, February 9, 2015

Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt


Tuck Everlasting by Natalie Babbitt

Doomed to--or blessed with--eternal life after drinking from a magic spring, the Tuck family wanders about trying to live as inconspicuously and comfortably as they can.  When ten-year-old Winnie Foster stumbles on this secret, the Tucks take her home and explain why living forever at one age is less a blessing than it might seem.  Complications arise when Winnie is followed by a stranger who wants to market the spring water for a fortune.

Ugh.  This book.  This hugely disappointing book.  I read a LOT of middle grade fiction for my job so I know how many amazing books are out there written for children.  Unfortunately this book is not one of them.  I cannot understand why this book is considered a classic.  If you read the blurb above then you have read the book; NOTHING else is added except a lot of rambling, southern-speak that adds words but not plot.  This book is one I have wanted to read for a long time as there are many people out there who have really enjoyed it;  however, I am not among them.  About the only good thing that came out of reading this book is being able to check it off my mental list of books "I should have read by now..."

Reading Challenges
Monthly Motif
I Love Library Books

I borrowed this book from the library.



No comments:

Post a Comment