Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Two Souls Hollow by Paula Graves

Two Souls Hollow by Paula Graves

When secrets leak from The Gates, the hunt is on for a mole.  All evidence points to Anson Daughtry, who knows their security inside and out.  Only coworker Ginny Coltrane can help clear his name, but she's caught in the middle of a turf war between militants in the Smoky Mountains.  More at ease behind a computer than with a gun, Anson makes for an unlikely bodyguard.  But hunkering down in the Tennessee foothills, turns out Ginny's not exactly the "need to be protected" type.  Still, with someone stalking their every move, Anson isn't about to let her out of his sight.  Or, if he gets his way, out of his arms.

This was the sixth book in a series and I haven't read the first five which unfortunately reminded me of why I am such a stickler for reading a series in order.  There were a ton of little asides and one entire plotline that I was clueless about and that I probably needed to know.  I am also worried that a previous book may have been ruined for me by all the info dumped in one of the chapters of this book.  However, not all was lost.

The beginning of this book was great.  I fell in love with Anson immediately and lucky for me he never behaved in a way that would cause me to change my mind over the course of the book.  I don't believe that Ginny entirely deserves him  but I was okay with him outshining her in this book.  I already couldn't stand Ginny's mindless devotion to her brother who obviously could have cared less about her in his need to feed his addiction and her constant pushing aside of any good that people offered her in order to defend him got really old, really fast.  I can understand wanting to believe the best in someone you love but to so obstinately refuse to even entertain the idea that due to his alcoholic ways he might not be the person she remembers growing up seemed naive at best and just plain stupid at worst.  I wanted to shake her multiple times over the course of this book but Anson kept me reading.  It seems a shame that he got a leading lady that doesn't deserve him but he seemed to love her anyway so as long as he is happy...Unfortunately, as amazing as Anson was there wasn't anything else about this book that causes me to want to rush out and get other books from this series.  However, if the author has written other books I might give them a try.  Maybe Anson has a literary twin the author wants to write about?? 

Reading Challenges
New to You
New Release
Romantic Suspense
Reading Road Trip
I Love Library Books

I borrowed this book from my local public library.

No comments:

Post a Comment