Saturday, January 19, 2013

What I've Been Reading (Jan. 12 - Jan. 18)

Man, oh man, 2013 has been good to me book-wise so far.  I have read some excellent titles and am really anticipating a wonderful year in literature land.  Let's see what I read this week:

I started the week off with Tangle of Need which I thoroughly enjoyed (see my review here).  This title may end up being one of my favorites in the series; I have really spent a lot of time thinking about this entry in the Psy/Changling series since I finished the book.  Riaz and Adria were wonderful characters who dealt with some very serious situations in a way that left me feeling both empathetic and satisfied.  Nalini Singh is a goddess and I have got to get started on the Guild Hunters series.  

Next up were two short stories from an anthology called Opposites Attract that I read for my TBR January Challenge.  I enjoyed them both but probably won't reread them.

Sweet Talk by Julie Garwood was a pleasant surprise as I have read mixed reviews about this one in blog-land.  I enjoyed this book quite a bit (see my review here) and am looking forward to reading about the other pipsqueaks.  

Trust Me on This by Jennifer Crusie (review here) was fantastic!! I picked up The Cinderella Deal at the library when I saw in on the shelf...I can't believe there are so many of her older titles that I haven't read.  I am thinking I might need to go on a Crusie binge...I have tried Bet Me before but didn't enjoy it.  However, I must be missing something based on the rave reviews I see everywhere.  

Alpha One by Cynthia Eden was a fun, fast read and I already have Guardian Ranger on hold at my public library.  I very much enjoyed Eden's foray into the Harlequin Intrigue line and hope she writes many more.  I will gladly pick up any that I see if they continue to be as enjoyable as Alpha One proved to be. (review here)

Impact by Tiffinie Helmer is the third book I have read in her Wild Men of  Alaska series.  Skip Ozhuwan and Wren Terni have a strained history--she used drugs to escape a harsh reality and Skip pressed charges after a drunken assault.  His testimony put her in jail rather than on probation.  They haven't spoken in five years until now when Skip's sister, who happened to be Wren's best friend growing up, insists on having them both attend her wedding.  Wren and Skip have to fly together on a bush plane to get to the small Alaskan town where the wedding will take place. On the way, the pilot has a heart attack and the plane goes down.  Skip and Wren must not only find a way to survive the harsh Alaskan climate, but Skip is also determined to use this forced togetherness to get Wren to see the potential for them finally having the kind of relationship she wasn't strong enough to have before.  First love is powerful, but so was the hurt both suffered at the hands of the person who loved them.  This was a short story but I very much enjoyed it.

Lastly I read Wicked Appetite and Wicked Business by Janet Evanovich (reviews here and here).  Lots of over-the-top everything in this book but I ate it up with a spoon and was left wanting more!  

I can't wait to see what fabulous books are in store for me this week (hint, I was super excited to see a copy of Jayne Ann Krentz's newest, Dream Eyes, on the 7-Day Checkout table at my library this morning!)   

No comments:

Post a Comment