Thursday, January 22, 2015

Falling for the Groomsman by Diane Alberts

Falling for the Groomsman by Diane Alberts


Photojournalist Christine Forsythe is ready to tackle her naughty little to do list, and who better to tap for the job than a hot groomsman?  But when she crashes into her best friend’s older brother, Christine realizes her list needs updating.  And fast.  Tyler Dresco took her virginity during the best night of her life, then bolted.  Now that they’re trapped together at a destination wedding, she’s going to get her revenge. 

Tyler has never forgiven himself for how completely he lost control all those years ago.  Being in Christine’s arms had felt right…until he realized what he’d taken from her in the hallway of a cheap motel.  And oh, how she’s making him pay for it now.  The insatiable heat between them has only grown stronger, but every time things heat up, Christine walks away.

With every encounter, things go a little bit further until Christine’s caught in her own trap of seduction.  And before their time’s up, Tyler’s not the only one wanting more…


I loved the beginning of this book, but the middle and the end left me wanting.  Tyler and Christine reconnect with a bang as Christine literally walks right into Tyler at the hotel.  Both of them are there for the wedding of Tyler’s younger sister, Kady, who is Christine’s close friend and former roommate.   We learn that Christine lost her parents her freshman year in college just months before she lost her virginity to Tyler in Mexico, immediately after which he ran away leaving her confused and naked in the motel hallway.  She has never forgiven him for that, and as it turns out, Tyler hasn’t forgiven himself either.  I was fine with the book up to this point, but then Christine decides that maybe it is time for a little payback so she decides to make Tyler want her and then walk away.  I felt this was immature especially as he makes it clear early, and often, how much he has beaten himself up for his choice over the years.  I also felt that this story was rushed as it took place over the course of a few days and I just didn’t believe that these two were in a secure enough place at the end.  Tyler was the stronger character in my mind and the one I liked more.  Christine annoyed me at times with her revenge plot and using other people to try to make Tyler jealous.  I felt that was petty and uncalled for.  I enjoyed portions of this story and am interested enough to read about the other couples in the series as glimpses were given throughout this book.  I really wanted to love this one, but it was only okay.  

Reading Challenges
2015 New to You
2015 I Love Library Books
2015 Contemporary Romance
Literary Pickers

I borrowed this book from my public library

No comments:

Post a Comment