Friday, January 23, 2015

Freebie Friday, January 23rd Edition

Freebie Friday – January 23rd Edition

Welcome to Freebie Friday where I will quickly review any freebie reads that I have as part of the I Love Freebies reading challenge.  Up this week:

First Night by Lauren Blakely: This is the prequel to a longer book and introduces Julia, a bartender (and bar owner) and Clay (an entertainment lawyer).  Clay is in San Francisco for some meetings and has been told to look up Julia as she is a great bartender and might be someone that Clay could be interested in.  And boy is she.  Clay walks into the bar and he and Julia instantly connect.  This was a quick read with great writing and some hot interludes between Clay and Julia.  I don’t know if I will follow up with the longer book or not.

The Gallos: The Beginning by Chelle Bliss:  This short story introduces the family involved in the longer series Men of Inked.  This story is narrated by the parents of the main characters of the series books.  I enjoyed this story and thought it did a great job of piquing my interest in the reading more about how this amazing couple’s adult children get their HEA’s. 


I also read an assortment of short fan-fic stories by Xanthe—some I loved, some I DNF'd but all of them proved that she has a heck of an imagination and that I want to read more by her!

Reading Challenges
I Love Freebies

No comments:

Post a Comment