Sunday, December 6, 2015

2016 Reading Assignment Challenge

2016 Reading Assignment Challenge


Fantasy is More Fun and Because Reading are once again hosting the Reading Assignment Challenge.  Last year I started strong with this challenge but missed a book in March and then further messed up by inadvertently reading books before I was supposed to.  However, I still enjoyed the overall premise of the challenge and am really happy that I can try again in 2016.  I am also pleased that some slight rule changes are making this challenge easier by having a built in do-over every quarter for those who might not have gotten all their books read.  If next year I don't get to all of my books in March, I will get a do-over starting in April rather than just throwing my hands up and basically having to bow out like this year.  Hallelujah!  I am so IN!!  With this change, I decided to up my game and go for four books a month and am once again going with the strategy of getting caught up on some of my fave series while also starting a new series by a personal favorite and rounding it out with a couple of books that have been on my Kindle for seemingly ever.  Here are my choices: 

January:
Belonging - Alexa Land
Coming Home - Alexa Land
All I Believe - Alexa Land
Dark Lycan - Christine Feehan 

February:
Dark Wolf - Christine Feehan
Rock Addiction - Nalini Singh
Pony - SJD Peterson
Operation Endgame - Christi Snow 

March:
Dark Blood - Christine Feehan
Rock Courtship - Nalini Singh 
Lord and Master - Jules Jones
A Thread of Deepest Black - Finn Marlowe

April: 
Dark Ghost - Christine Feehan
Heart of Obsidian - Nalini Singh
Rock Hard - Nalini Singh
Collision Course - KA Mitchell

May:
Samurai Game - Christine Feehan
Shield of Winter - Nalini Singh
Rock Redemption - Nalini Singh
Savage Love - Sandrine Gasq-Dion

June
Viper Game - Christine Feehan
Shards of Hope - Nalini Singh
Fit to be Tied - Mary Calmes
Locke and Key - Sandrine Gasq-Dion

July:
Leopard's Prey - Christine Feehan
Archangel's Legion's - Nalini Singh
Oracle's Moon - Thea Harrison
The Tinder Chronicles - Alexa Land

August:
Cat's Lair - Christine Feehan
Archangel's Shadows - Nalini Singh
Lord's Fall - Thea Harrison
My Fair Captain - JL Langley

September
Wild Cat - Christine Feehan
Archangel's Enigma - Nalini Singh
Kinked - Thea Harrison
Vision in White - Nora Roberts

October: 
Air Bound - Christine Feehan
Night's Honor - Thea Harrison
Bed of Roses - Nora Roberts
Regelence Rake - JL Langley

November: 
Earth Bound - Christine Feehan
Midnight's Kiss - Thea Harrison
Whiskey Beach - Nora Roberts
Savor the Moment - Nora Roberts

December:
Shadow's End - Thea Harrison
The Liar - Nora Roberts
Happy Ever After - Nora Roberts
Englor Affair - JL Langley

I actually have 15 books from last year's list and am hoping for a happier ending in 2016. Looking at my choices I can't believe I am so far behind in so many series by authors that I love!!  I'd say that I need to quit starting so many new series but that is VERY unlikely to happen. What I can do is focus more on catching up/keeping up with in-progress series.   

2 comments:

  1. Woot! I'm so glad you're joining us again Elaine :) I know, those old rules were rough - I had to bow out in August myself. I think this new system will work out much better. Fingers crossed! Good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you are joining us again! I did awful this year and I am glad the new rules will keep everyone in the challenge until the end. Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete