Saturday, December 26, 2015

The Goodreads Awards Challenge

2016 Goodreads Awards Challenge

Books of Amber is hosting the 2016 Goodreads Awards Challenge in which participants read as many of the 2015 award winners as they wish in any of the many categories that interest them.  I have never voted in the Goodreads Choice Awards but I will definitely be looking forward to seeing this years nominations based on all the book-y goodness available on 2015's list!!  The categories and tiers I am shooting for are:

  • Fiction Tier 1: 1-2 books (I really want to read First Frost by Sarah Addison)
  • Mystery and Thriller Tier 2: 3-5 books (I want to see what all the hooplah is about The Girl on the Train, I want to read the next book in the JD Robb series [I am on book 3 but according to the rules it would count], and I have read a really positive review about the Karen Slaughter book)
  • Historical Fiction Tier 1: 1-2 books (I read an amazing review of The Nightingale on a book blog)
  • Fantasy Tier 2: 3-5 books (there are several series on this list I would like to start)
  • Romance Crackers Challenge: Romance is my wheelhouse and I have read a whopping zero books on the list...how is that possible??? So embarrassing.  I am hoping to catch up on what I have missed.
  • Humor Tier 1: 1 book (I want to read the Kunal Nayyar book)
  • Non-Fiction Tier 1: 1 book but I don't know which one yet
  • Memoir/Autobiography Tier 1: 1 book
  • History/Biography Tier 1: 1 book (The Dead Duke, His Secret Wife, and the Missing Corpse--sounds amazingly bizarre)
  • Graphic Novels Tier 1: Lumberjanes and maybe Rollergirl
  • Best Debut Goodreads Author Tier 2: 3-5 books (a lot of things look interesting on this list!!)
  • Young Adult Fiction Tier 1: not sure which ones but lots of fun options
  • Young Adult Fantasy and Sci Fi Tier 2: again, no particular picks right now but some great looking options exist; maybe I'll finally read Cinder and a friend just recommended the Sarah Maas series to me...
I have a feeling I just completely overloaded my metaphorical reading plate with way too many yummy options from the Goodreads buffet but hey, I've always had a voracious reading appetite!  

No comments:

Post a Comment